alejandro-alvarez-150154

 

An Australian man built up so much static electricity in his clothes as he walked that he burned carpets, melted plastic and sparked a mass evacuation.

Frank Clewer, of the western Victorian city of Warrnambool, was wearing a synthetic nylon jacket and a woollen shirt when he went for a job interview.

As he walked into the building, the carpet ignited from the 40,000 volts of static electricity that had built up.

“It sounded almost like a firecracker or something like that,” he said.

“Within about five minutes, the carpet started to erupt,” he told Australian radio.

.. cont

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4252692.stm